The quickest way to generate a controller or View is to assign a keyboard shortcut to the already existing menu option.
If you right-click on the Controllers folder in your project, you'll notice an Add.../Controller option already there.
Also, if you right-click on the Views folder, you'll see the Add.../View as well.
So follow below steps:
- Go to your Quick Launch in the top-right corner of Visual Studio
- Type 'Keyboard Shortcuts'
- Hit Enter to select the first option
- For Controllers, look for ProjectAndSolutionContextMenus.Project.Add.Controller. Assign two shortcut keys (I'm using Ctrl+M, Ctrl+N).
- For Views, look for EditorContextMenus.CodeWindow.AddView. Assign two shortcut keys to that as well (I'm using Ctrl+M, Ctrl+V).
- Click Ok and you should be good to go.
To navigate between a View and Controller, press Ctrl+M, Ctrl+G to toggle between the two. Pressing these two hotkeys will take you immediately over to the corresponding View or Controller.