In order to create a wildcard certificate first we need to generate a certificate singing request using below steps:
- Make sure certificate authority service up and running in your server (If certificate authority is not installed, you can refer this to install it)
- Navigate to IIS manager and select your root server.
- Double click on Server Certificate under featured view.
- Select “Create Certificate Request” under Actions from right hand section. Fill required information
Note: Make sure to use an asterisk (*) because we are creating wildcard certificate.
- Click on Next and select below options
- Cryptographic Service Provider: Microsoft RSA SChannel Cryptographic Provider Bit Length: 2048
- Click next and specify file name for your certificate request for example (Let’s say wildcardcert)
- Click on Finish
- Now we have created a certificate signing request, we can submit it against windows certificate authority using below steps.
- Run command prompt and use below command
certreq-submit -attrib “CertificateTemplate: WebServer” c:\wildcardcert.txt
- First it will prompt to select certificate authority and then it will prompt to save your certificate, give it a name and save it. Exit from command prompt.
- Now we will be completing our certificate request using complete certification request.
- Goto IIS->Root server->Server Certification->Actions and select Complete Request option under Action.
- Click on browse and select your certificate file that is created in last step.
- Provide friendly name and click ok.
- Now our wildcard certificate is ready and can be used in binding MS CRM website.