Microsoft Dynamics 365 Activities are used to record a specific type of communication, as well as the subject, time and details of that communication. Activities are actions such as emails, phone calls, meetings, etc.
Types of activities:
1. Phone Calls: Used to record information and the details of an inbound or outbound call.
2. Emails: Used to track email messages that are sent or received.
3. Tasks: Used to keep track of action items or other “To Do” items.
4. Appointments: Used to track in-person meetings or conference calls.
5. Recurring Appointments: Meetings or conference calls that are repeated on a regular, pre-determined basis.
6. Letters: Used to track direct mail.
7. Faxes: Used to track any faxes that are sent or received.
8. Campaign Responses: Used to track interest from marketing campaigns.
9. Campaign Activities: Specific to campaigns and are created when activities are deployed via a campaign.
10. Service Activity: Used to schedule an appointment that provides a service.
11. Custom Activities: User can also create additional custom activity types.
A. Not from within an individual record:
From the top Navigation Bar on the right side select the Quick Create button. Selecting this will drop down a list of forms to choose and create a new record. From left side of this list select activity which will open the default new Activity form for the selected Activity Type.
B. From within a specific record:
- Open an opportunity.
- To add an activity: Social Pane > Activities.
- Add activity.
- Add extra details about the activity.
- Click Ok.