In Project Online > PWA Settings, you can’t find the Security Settings as shown in the screen below:
After enabling the Project Online security settings you can see the security section as shown below:
This issue occurs because of the current PWA Instance Permission Mode is SharePoint Permission Mode, and The Security section is only activated in the Project Permission Mode.
In SharePoint Permission Mode:
- You cannot edit the default permissions assigned to any of these SharePoint groups.
- You cannot create additional custom groups.
- You cannot create additional custom categories.
- There is no (Resource Breakdown Structure) RBS filtering.
- The user delegation feature is not available.
- The Impersonation is not available.
To show the Security section in PWA settings In Project Online, follow the below steps:
- Using Admin Account, Go to SharePoint Admin Center.
- Below Site collection with Project Web App (PWA), check your PWA instance URL.
- From the above ribbon, Click on Project Web App > Settings.
- Check the preferred Permission Mode.
Before you decide to switch from one Permission Mode to another, you should be aware of all the current activated Permission Mode configurations settings will be deleted and can’t be restored.