Resize Azure Resource Manager (ARM) VM OS & Data disk using Azure Portal
If you have an Azure VM that was created using the Azure Resource Manager (ARM) stack and now you need to resize the OS or the data disk within the Azure Portal then follow the below steps to resize it with just few click in UI rather than Powershell Script.
- Select the Virtual Machine(VM) that you wants to resize its disk.
- Shutdown VM from Azure Portal. It will show the status as shown in the following screenshot
- Go to Settings and Disks option.
- Select the OS/Data disk that you would like to resize.
- On the new blade, enter the new disk size (1023GB or 1TB max per disk).
- Click on "Save".
- Restart VM again.Login to VM and check size of the disk.