Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is now being licensed as Dynamics 365 Finance and Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management.
Turn on the new (preview) grid control through Feature management:
Now in Platform update 31, the new grid control can be turned on for qualified environments using the Feature management workspace. To enable the new grid while this feature is in preview, follow these steps:
- Enable the flight by using the following SQL statement:
- INSERT INTO SYSFLIGHTING (FLIGHTNAME, enabled, FLIGHTSERVICEID, PARTITION) VALUES('CLIReactGridEnableFeature', 1, 0, 5637144576);
- Reset IIS to flush the static flighting cache.
- Go to the Feature management workspace in your Finance and Operations app.
- Select the New grid control feature in the list of features, and then select Enable now in the details pane.
- If New grid control does not appear in the list of features, select Check for updates.
Updates to saved views:
The saved views feature helps for managing views and personalizations, the ability to bulk import/export views, and the ability to publish views to users in specific legal entities.
New controls available for developers:
The Website Host control has been added to allow developers to embed third-party apps directly into Finance and Operations inside iFrames. A new star rating control is also available for developers to use. This control shows a rating on a scale of 1 to 5 stars in quarter-star increments.
Updated icon for Finance and Operations apps:
The new icon for Finance and Operations apps, which aligns with the latest icon stylings across Dynamics 365, is now visible in the web client.
Optimization of loading the Data management workspace:
There are new optimizations put in place to reduce the time it takes to load the workspace. This change can be enabled via flight DMFWorkspaceLoadPerformance.
Inefficient memory usage by Data management export/import jobs:
The memory consumed by data management export/import jobs has been high enough to result in performance issues.
The SSIS package execution logic has been optimized to address this issue. This change is turned Off by default, as it is guarded by a flight DMFExecuteSSISOutOfProc.
The following enhanced extensibility capabilities have been added in Platform update 31:
- Allow table display methods added via extension to be cached through cacheCalculateMethod API
- Improve locking approach of SysExtensionAppClassFactory.getClassFromSysExtAttribute to reduce blocking issues
- Enable clearing of Grid.DataGroup property via extension so a group can be added that has a different field group set on it
- Allow extension of DataEntity.PrimaryCompanyContext
- Adjust method WorkflowDocumentField.substitutePlaceholderAsUser separator from semicolon to bar to eliminate conflicts with exported data
Excel Add-in authentication and authorization enhancements:
The Excel Add-in has several authentication and authorization enhancements to improve the handling of certain cases:
- Authentication token expiration now silent
- Authentication timeout
- Support for ADFS sign out improved
- Authorization failure information now provided
This version has a build number of 7.0.5457 and is available as follows:
- Preview release is in October 2019.
- General availability (self-update) is in November 2019.
- Auto-update is in January 2020.